The Indiana Department of Environmental Management has issued a statewide Air Quality Action Day for today and tomorrow.
I-DEM is forecasting high levels of fine particles in the air due to smoke from wildfires in the western United States and southern Canada.
IDEM encourages everyone to reduce activity time outdoors to reduce unhealthy exposure to fine particles.
It’s also advised that you:
• Avoid burning wood or making any other unnecessary fires.
• Combine errands into one trip.
• Avoid using gasoline-powered equipment or gas-powered recreational vehicles.
• Don’t let your engine idle .
• Conserve energy by turning off lights or setting the thermostat to 75 degrees or higher.