Fireworks to Blame for Greene Co. Fire

Firefighters from the Center-Jackson Fire Territory in Greene County were assisted by firefighters from four other fire departments Tuesday night in putting out a structure fire started by fireworks.

Firefighters were called to the 18-hundred block of North State Road 43 shortly after 10:00 PM.

Smoke and flames were showing when they arrived.

Fire officials say the blaze was knocked down quickly, but it took a few hours to get the fire extinguished due to the type of construction.

The homeowner said the fire was caused by fireworks that fell on the deck.

Center-Jackson Fire Territory firefighters were assisted by the Beech Creek Township Fire Department, Monroe Fire Protection District, Taylor Township Fire Department, and Richland Township Fire.